NBM Logo

NBM Logo

Friday, January 10, 2014

A question to get us started...

What excites you most about the Designing for Disaster Kit?

4 comments:

  1. I am a middle school teacher in South Central North Carolina. I look forward to using the Designing for Disaster Kit as a supplement or replacement to our 7th grade Engineering Design Processes Unit. In the past, I have used balsawood bridges, but the Designing for Disaster kit provides my students with real-world examples to global tragedies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell us a bit more about what you were accomplishing with the balsawood bridges and what you envision your students' reactions will be to the Kit?

      Delete
  2. I am a middle school art teacher in Washington state and am about to start using this kit with my 7th graders. I am most excited about the Build It Better challenge because it will supplement the design thinking process I've been coaching them on this semester. I am also looking forward to see how it connects to a unit they are working on in their Science and Social Studies classes on a similar topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic. I look forward to hearing more about the students' reactions and the connections to the design thinking process. Sounds like a great way to end the school year.

      Delete